Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Smoking linked with increased most common risk
Posted by: admin (IP Logged)
Date: February 14, 2014 03:16PM

Young women who smoke and have been smoking a pack a day for a decade or more have a significantly increased risk of developing the most common type of breast cancer. That is the finding of an analysis published early online in Cancer, a peer-reviewed journal of the American Cancer Society. The study indicates that an increased risk of breast cancer may be another health risk incurred by young women who smoke.

The majority of recent studies evaluating the relationship between smoking and breast cancer risk among young women have found that smoking is linked with an increased risk; however, few studies have evaluated risks according to different subtypes of breast cancer.

To investigate, Christopher Li, MD, PhD, of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, and his colleagues conducted a population-based study consisting of 778 patients with estrogen receptor positive breast cancer and 182 patients with triple-negative breast cancer. Estrogen receptor positive breast cancer “is the most common subtype of breast cancer, while triple-negative breast cancer is less common but tends to be more aggressive”. Patients in the study were 20 to 44 years old and were diagnosed from 2004-2010 in the Seattle-Puget Sound metropolitan area. The study also included 938 cancer-free controls.

The researchers found that young women who were current or recent smokers and had been smoking a pack a day for at least 10 years had a 60 percent increased risk of estrogen receptor positive breast cancer. In contrast, smoking was not related to a woman’s risk of triple-negative breast cancer.

“The health hazards associated with smoking are numerous and well known. This study adds to our knowledge in suggesting that with respect to breast cancer, smoking may increase the risk of the most common molecular subtype of breast cancer but not influence risk of one of the rarer, more aggressive subtypes,” said Dr. Li.

Re: Smoking linked with increased most common risk
Posted by: Randalltbartel (IP Logged)
Date: March 28, 2018 11:20AM

Posted by: Contreras (IP Logged)
Date: September 05, 2018 10:28AM

Re: Tiffany Morrison
Date: September 05, 2018 10:29AM

Date: September 05, 2018 10:30AM

Posted by: saqibkhatri (IP Logged)
Date: September 10, 2018 08:58AM

Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.. reviewtra.com

Date: September 12, 2018 10:08AM

Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. essya writing services

Date: September 18, 2018 02:47PM

Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. watch free movies online

Date: October 01, 2018 10:15AM

Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.. National Film and TV School

Date: October 05, 2018 01:30PM

Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. voyance-amour-eternel.com

Date: October 19, 2018 11:22AM

Date: October 26, 2018 04:22PM

Date: October 31, 2018 05:29PM

Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. read this post here

Date: November 07, 2018 12:54PM

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work Fix Flip Loans Colorado

Date: November 09, 2018 10:51AM

This is a brilliant blog! I'm very happy with the comments!.. www.rockocini-consultant-seo.fr

Date: November 10, 2018 12:03PM

Posted by: Conor Antoine (IP Logged)
Date: December 31, 2018 11:50AM

Coreanderson23
Posted by: coreanderson23 (IP Logged)
Date: March 05, 2019 08:37AM

Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates.
急借現金

Posted by: zhangmeng55 (IP Logged)
Date: April 21, 2019 02:53PM

Posted by: happyleila (IP Logged)
Date: May 09, 2019 06:38AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.