Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Artist announces public art installation project at hospice
Posted by: admin (IP Logged)
Date: January 24, 2014 02:41PM

Landscape artist David Anthony Hall has launched a crowdfunded public art installation to help promote well-being in St Wilfrid’s hospice in east Sussex. The intial kickstart funding phase raised £5,947.

The project is intended to transform the currently bare walls of a newly completed hospice with the addition of large format images created by Hall specifically for medical facilities.

Hall said: “Recently I was invited to view the newly completed St Wilfrid's which is run by a local independent charity. Like most hospices here in the UK all care is offered free of charge regardless of patients circumstances, but the NHS only contributes 15% of the £3.5m annual running costs.

“For the remainder, the hospice relies on the generosity of its supporters. The new space is quite something however the walls are fairly bare and having spent their cash reserves there isn’t any money left in the pot to commission any art for the walls.

“I plan to transform the space as it stands to a warm and welcoming space by humanising the environment. I have identified eight spaces in the communal reception area which would benefit from bespoke artwork and a further six spaces in other public areas.”

In order to help fund the project, Hall took the unique step of creating a crowdfunding campaign and the initial target was £2,000 but his has been well beaten (above).

He will provide at least five images and each will be selected in consultation with the hospice’s art steering group and will work in harmony to help transform the bare walls into colourful focal points.

Recently Hall was commissioned by the cancer charity, Marie Curie to provide images to welcome patients and their families to the charities latest, £20m facility in Solihull, opened by the prince of Wales.

Watch this space...

Re: Artist announces public art installation project at hospice
Posted by: Skproduction (IP Logged)
Date: January 08, 2019 03:22PM

Posted by: Sibes1934 (IP Logged)
Date: February 07, 2019 01:34PM

David Anthony Hall is a great Artist and I have been following him from so long time and he always share best tips and tricks of various writing skills like essaybro review Which always work for any kind of writing. In the end Best of luck for their new Landscape Project.

Posted by: cryptochain (IP Logged)
Date: May 01, 2019 07:47AM

Date: May 01, 2019 07:47AM

Amidst creating weakness crypto tools about crypto rule on the planet's second-most jam-packed country

Date: May 01, 2019 07:48AM

Amidst creating weakness crypto tools about crypto rule on the planet's second-most jam-packed country

Posted by: BenjaminMiller (IP Logged)
Date: July 18, 2019 04:34PM

Posted by: BenjaminMiller (IP Logged)
Date: July 26, 2019 10:19AM

Posted by: Libby (IP Logged)
Date: August 03, 2019 01:27PM

Hey, this day is too much good for me, since this time I am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. Thanks a lot for massive hard work. Viện thẩm mỹ US

Posted by: Libby (IP Logged)
Date: August 07, 2019 04:18PM

When you use a genuine service, you will be able to provide instructions, share materials and choose the formatting style. Escondido Water Heater Repair

Posted by: saqibkhatri (IP Logged)
Date: August 21, 2019 07:17PM

I'm glad to see the great detail here!. iTrader review trustpilot

Date: August 30, 2019 07:38PM

Date: September 02, 2019 06:06PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.